Saturday, May 21, 2011

Llamapallooza!

So I've officially completed my sophomore year at Colorado College and am on summer vacation! It's exciting, but also really sad because next fall a lot of my class is heading abroad. At a small school like mine, you really feel that absence. Two of my best friends, Zanny and Elaine are going to Cape Town and Ghana, which is amazing but I'm really going to miss them :(. It was also really stressful moving out and everything amidst all of the intense goodbye emotionss I was having (gahh I'm so angsty). Anyway, before all of that hullaballoo was one AMAZING last weekend. Every year my school holds an end of the year music festival/epic party called Llamapallooza and it was just incredible. The festivities started around noon when everyone starts bringing their couches and chairs down to the quad where they set up a huge stage and all sorts of fun booths for food and fun. Then the music and couch hopping began. We heard from Tennis, The Blue Scholars, Flying Lotus, The Motet and a bunch of awesome student bands. I wish it was possible to capture the magic of the day in a blog post, but i guess a few pictures will have to suffice.


Overall rowdiness.


I did the face paint myself!



Outfit

  • Jean jacket: my mom's old Gap favorite from the 90s
  • Crochet dress: American Way thrift store in Claremont, California
  • Gold belt: Goodwill Superstore in Miami, Fl
  • Woven headband: borrowed from Zanny

Yes the grills are real...thaz my Woogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment