Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Goodwill Superstore

One of my favorite things about thrifting is feeling like you've found the hidden treasure chest amidst a sea of tackiness. Some people prefer the more boutique-like thrift stores where everything is hand picked, but to me there's nothing better than sifting through rows and rows of shit to find the gems that are just right. Today, my sister Dani and I went to the Goodwill Superstore near our house in Miami. We totally hit the jackpot.




When dealing with a thrift store as intense as this one, our strategy is pretty simple. We start with the junior's section because that's typically where more of the current/trendy stuff is. Then we work our way around the perimeter of the store, always ending with the dresses (our biggest weakness).



Today the strategy worked maybe a little too well because by the time we hit the dressing room our basket was filled to the brim.


As usual, a few items didn't really work but we ended up liking an excessive amount and having to part with a few winners. That didn't stop our final haul from covering the majority of the dressing room floor. 



There was a ton of awesome household nick knacks that I was dying to buy for Dani's apartment next fall. Unfortunately I had to think logically and remember that anything I buy has to somehow make the trek back to Colorado... and that I'd rather spend money on clothes.






No comments:

Post a Comment